60+ Garden Ideas for the Perfect Yard
Gardening is a great way to unwind and relax. Gardening can also be a creative outlet for the artistically inclined, or it can be an opportunity for exercise for those who don’t get enough of it in their daily routines. There are few things more satisfying than taking a walk through your yard and admiring the beauty you yourself have created.
You may be wondering, how can I make my yard the envy of all the neighbors? Gardening doesn’t have to cost you a fortune. There are plenty of ways to keep your yard looking great without spending too much. Here are some ideas for getting started on turning your home into an oasis:
– Plan out which plants will provide the most color, fragrance, or benefit to you. Gardening is all about creating your own “perfect” space and planting what will best suit your needs.
– Designate a specific area in your yard for gardening that isn’t too close to any fences or walls so you have plenty of room. Create a raised garden bed that allows water to drain away from the plants.
– Gardening doesn’t have to be a full-time job, but it does take some maintenance! Keep your tools close by for quick weeding or watering needs and don’t forget that good gardening tools can make all the difference in how quickly you get things done.
– Weed regularly with a hand tool like a hoe. Keep your plants watered and feed them monthly with fertilizer, which is an easy way to keep gardens looking their best.
– Gardening isn’t just for the outdoors! If you have a deck or patio that gets partial sun during the day (at least three hours) it can be converted into a mini garden as well.
– Gardening also means getting your hands dirty and that sometimes includes bugs. Use a good natural bug spray or insect repellent to keep those pesky little creatures away from you so they don’t ruin your beautiful garden!
– Gardening can be an excellent source of creativity and exercise for the artistically inclined, but it’s equally therapeutic for those who are not. Gardening offers a sense of accomplishment, and the benefits to your health make it worth adding gardening to your list of activities this summer. Gardening can also be a great way to spend quality time with your family.
– Gardening is an excellent outlet for exercise and relaxation, or just the perfect opportunity to get creative! Gardening doesn’t have to cost you too much either. Here are some ideas on how you could start turning your yard into an oasis this summer:
– Plan out which plants will provide the most color, fragrance, or benefit to you. Gardening is all about creating your own “perfect” space and planting what will best suit your needs
– Designate a specific area in your yard for gardening that isn’t too close to any fences or walls so you have plenty of room. Create a raised garden bed designed specifically for water drainage if possible
Here are the top garden ideas for yards that are sure to make your neighbors green with envy:
Edible Garden Ideas
How nice would it be to have fresh fruits and vegetables at your fingertips? Even in small spaces, you can. Try these and get your garden growing!
DIY Tiered Strawberry Planter from Hydrangea Treehouse
DIY Plastic Bottle Herb Garden from Grillo Designs
Strawberry Pallet from Lovely Greens
Planting Herbs from Black Eiffel
Grow Potatoes in Buckets from Zero Waste Wisdom | Low Waste + Sustainable Living
Container Kitchen Garden from Gardening Channel
Grow 100 Pounds of Potatoes in 4 Sq Ft from Life Hacker
Growing Tomatoes in a Flower Pot from Queen Thrifty
Raised Bed Garden Ideas
If you have a little more space to work with, consider Raised bed Gardening like these:
Container Garden Ideas
Oopsy Daisy Container Garden from Greyt Paper Crafts
Succulent Birdbath Garden from The French Tangerine
Chandelier Planter Tutorial from DIY Show Off
Rainboot Garden from The Chic Site
Birdbath Planter from Empress of Dirt
Super Easy Planter from HGTV
Succulent Planters from My Re-purposed Life
Turn an Old Tire Into a Planter from Addicted 2 DIY
Fairy Garden from HomeTalk
DIY Tire Planter from DIY Show Off
DIY Pallet Wood Planter Box from House by Hoff
DIY Container Water Garden from What’s Ur Home Story
Cedar Vertical Tiered Ladder Garden Planter from Ana White
$10 Cedar Tiered Flower Planter or Herb Garden from Ana White
DIY Front Porch Planter from Home Heart and Hands
DIY Vertical Plant Hanger from I Heart Naptime
Pallet Planter from Paradise Perspectives
Hypertufa Pots from 33 Shades of Green
DIY Succulent Turtle Tutorial from Fab Art DIY
Stylish & Low Cost 55 Gallon Drum Planters from Instructables
Vintage Colander Planter from Sadie Seasongoods
Pallet Planter Box from Her Toolbelt
Rainbow Pallet Flower Garden Planter from Hello Creative Family
DIY Planter Tutorial from Cherished Bliss
$15 Modern Cedar Planter from Remington Avenue
DIY Recycled Barrel Planter from Goods Home Design