15+ Spooktacular Halloween Movies To Watch With Your Kids– here are over 15 super cute and kid-friendly Halloween movies to watch this Halloween and make it extra special. These Halloween movies are a must watch.
One of my favorite things about Halloween is family time watching some of the great kid-friendly Halloween movies.
While I say kid-friendly, for each child that differs. I have a child that is the queen of horror movies and another that will have nightmares all night. Thus, this means we choose accordingly.
We’ve picked movies that we consider classics with a good Halloween story but less scary and some may teach a lesson, have good guy characters, etc.
So order these classics, get the kids rounded up and watch some Halloween movies for some wholesome fun. And right now, don’t we all need a little bit of that with what’s going on in the world?
15 Halloween Movies To Watch With Your Kids
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown: “Will this Halloween be the one when the Great Pumpkin comes? Longtime believer Linus thinks so, and keeps watch all night in the pumpkin patch to welcome him. Charlie Brown gets into the spooky spirit too, dressing up as a ghost with more eyeholes than needed, but not scaring up the usual kinds of Halloween loot when trick-or-treating. Never fear, World War I fighting ace Snoopy is here to battle the Red Baron, and in doing so, crash Violet’s Halloween party and Linus’ vigil as well. Your whole family will be glad it crashed this party. Good grief, you can’t help but have a happy Halloween!”
- Hotel Transylvania: “Hotel T Welcome to Hotel Transylvania, Dracula’s lavish five-stake resort, where monsters and their families can live it up and no humans are allowed. Hotel T2 the Drac-Pack is back in this hilarious comedy starring Drac, Mavis, Johnny and your favourite monsters in an all-new adventure! Hotel T3 Join Drac, Mavis and all of your favourite monsters for fun and adventure on the high seas as they embark on a monster cruise vacation!Part 1 and 2 in disc 1,Part 3 in disc 2.”
- Coraline: “From the director of The Nightmare Before Christmas comes a visually stunning stop-motion animated feature about Coraline Jones who finds a secret world that’s just like her own, but better!”
- Hocus Pocus:”Bette Midler joins Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy as three outlandishly wild witches who return from 17th Century Salem for a night of zany fun and comic chaos.After they’re accidentally conjured up by some unsuspecting pranksters, the tricky 300-year-old trio sets out to cast a spell on the town and reclaim their youth but first they must outwit three feisty kids who are determined to foil their scheme! Loaded with bewitching laughs and magical special effects, Hocus Pocus is an outrageoous comedy that’s sure to entertain the whole family.”
- The Nightmare Before Christmas: “Bored with the same old scare-and-scream routine, Pumpkin King Jack Skellington longs to spread the joy of Christmas. But his merry mission puts Santa in jeopardy and creates a nightmare for good little boys and girls everywhere! Hear the genius of Danny Elfman’s sensational music in 7.1 Surround Sound as the fantastic talents and imaginations of Tim Burton and Henry Selick come to life in stunning 3-D with this special 20th Anniversary Edition of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.”
Halloweentown / Halloweentown II: Halloweentown
On her 13th birthday, Marnie learns she’s a witch, discovers a secret portal, and is transported to Halloweentown — a magical place where ghosts and ghouls, witches and werewolves live apart from the human world. But she soon finds herself battling wicked warlocks, evil curses, and endless surprises.
Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge DVD
Grandmother Aggie sweeps Marnie and Sophie off to Halloweentown to investigate a series of strange occurrences. When they arrive, the vibrant community seems to have lost its magic.
The citizens, including the gargoyles, are gray and boring. It isn’t long before Aggie discovers that her spell book is stolen and the trio decides to set out and find it.
They discover that an angry warlock has taken the book and plans to permanently turn every human into whatever costume they are wearing at midnight on Halloween. It’s a race against time, as Marnie must use her skills to defeat the young warlock threatening to change Halloweentown for eternity.
- Casper: “From director Brad Silberling and Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment comes a live-action fun house ride filled with laughter, excitement and ghostly surprises. “Ghost therapist” Dr. James Harvey (Bill Pullman) and his daughter Kat (Christina Ricci) arrive at drafty, old Whipstaff Manor. Its greedy owner, Carrigan Crittendon (Cathy Moriarty), has hired Dr. Harvey to exorcise the house’s apparitions: a friendly but lonely young ghost named Casper, who’s just looking for a friend, and his outrageous uncles Stretch, Stinkie and Fatso (The Ghostly Trio). If the plan works, she and Dibs (Eric Idle), her partner-in-slime, can get their hands on the manor’s fabled treasure. Meanwhile, Casper has found a kindred spirit in Kat, but The Ghostly Trio will not tolerate “fleshies” in their house. With hilarious antics and dazzling special effects from many of the creators of Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Jurassic Park, Casper is a mile-a-minute adventure comedy for the whole family.”
- The Addams Family (2019)
- Monster House:” Even for a 12-year old, D.J. Walters has a particularly overactive imagination. He is convinced that his haggard and crabby neighbor Horace Nebbercracker, who terrorizes all the neighborhood kids, is responsible for Mrs. Nebbercracker’s mysterious disappearance. Any toy that touches Nebbercracker’s property, promptly disappears, swallowed up by the cavernous house in which Horace lives. D.J. has seen it with his own eyes! But no one believes him, not even his best friend, Chowder. What everyone does not know is D.J. is not imagining things. Everything he’s seen is absolutely true and it’s about to get much worse than anything D.J could have imagined.”
- Goosbumps: When monsters are unleashed from their manuscripts & terrorize a town, it’s up to R.L. Stine, Zach & Hannah to get them back in their books.”
- The Haunted Mansion :A workaholic real-estate agent drags his family to a Haunted Mansion
- Frankenweenie: “From Disney and creative genius Tim Burton (ALICE IN WONDERLAND; THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS) comes the hilarious and offbeat FRANKENWEENIE, a heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life — with just a few minor adjustments. He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor’s fellow students, teachers and the entire town learn that getting a new “leash on life” can be monstrous. Complete with electrifying bonus features, FRANKENWEENIE is alive with enchanting fun for the whole family.”
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: “In Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter finds out he is the orphaned son of two wizards and embarks on an amazing journey. In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, cars fly, trees fight back and a house-elf comes with a warning for Harry at the start of his second year.”
- Spooky Buddies: “The puppies go on a spooky adventure through a haunted mansion.”
- Scooby-Doo: The Movie: “Scooby-Doo and his clever crime-solving cohorts are individually summoned to Spooky Island to investigate a series of paranormal incidents at the ultra-hip Spring Break hot spot.”
- If you’re looking for Halloween pumpkin ideas then you’re going to love 20 No Carve Pumpkin Ideas For Halloween.
- If you are looking for the most delicious Halloween treats, we have you covered with our 40+ : Halloween Treats!
- For creative Halloween decor ideas check out these 70 Mason Jar Crafts for Fall & Halloween and 10 Best Amazon Halloween Decorations for 2020.