Keto Bacon, Cheese, and Avocado Egg Bites are a fast and easy snack or appetizer that my friends and family go crazy for! You will be amazed at it's next-level flavor, but without all the nasty carbs. The addition of avocado completes this appetizer with it's extra, knocked- out-of-the-park flavor. It is just the right addition to any party or game-day event. This little gem has also become a staple for an easy snack. It is great for anyone who is gluten-free, keto, and low carb.
This delicious bacon, cheese, and avocado egg bites recipe will surely be a conversation starter at your next family gathering. Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast idea, an appetizer or a midday snack these egg bites won't disappoint.You know what they say, everything tastes better with bacon! This saying couldn't be truer of these little egg bites that have layers of cheese, bacon, and avocado placed inside a hollowed-out hard-boiled egg to look like a mini egg sandwich. The crunchy bacon texture gives these melt in your mouth egg bites a nice little crunch all the while giving these egg bites a little flavor burst.
Is Avocado allowed on keto diet?
Even though avocado is a high-calorie food, it's packed full of nutrients and very welcomed on a keto diet. The reason avocados are allowed on a keto diet is mostly due to the carb content, just half of a medium avocado has approximately 9 grams of carbs.
How many eggs should I eat for breakfast on keto diet?
How many eggs you choose to eat for breakfast on a keto diet is really up to you. Some people do an egg fast on the keto diet, and in that case, they'll consume quite a lot of eggs in 24 hours. Since I'm merely featuring a keto bacon, cheese, and avocado egg bites recipe, you don't have to worry about how many eggs to eat. This recipe is perfectly fine for you to enjoy as a breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack any day of the week while on keto diet.
Why is my bacon not crispy?
I know everyone has their preference as to whether bacon should be crispy or not, but sometimes it's hard to get that perfect crisp on your bacon. If you're cooked bacon for this keto bacon, cheese and avocado recipe isn't crispy and you want that texture then you probably added your uncooked bacon to an already hot pan. When you place your uncooked bacon on an already hot pan it will create air pockets, so to speak, and these pockets will leave your bacon undercooked as well as overcooked at the same time. It's best to place your strips of bacon on your pan before the stove has been turned on to ensure you get crispy bacon slices for your keto bacon, cheese, and avocado egg bites.
At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what texture you prefer your bacon, because bacon is the most delicious thing in the world, am I right?! These egg bites will surely offer you a chance to indulge your taste buds in that delicious bacon with avocado and cheese any time of the day.
Can you freeze cooked eggs and bacon?
While I would love to tell you that you can easily make these keto bacon, cheese, and avocado egg bites to freeze for a quick bite to eat any time of the day, I'm going to advise against freezing this recipe. Hard-boiled eggs can be placed in the freezer but they tend to get rubbery in texture and won't taste as good when you thaw or heat these egg bites later on.
Tips For Keto Bacon, Cheese and Avocado Egg Bites
- Making many or short on time? You can easily purchase hard-boiled eggs, pre-cooked bacon and guacamole (make sure very low carb) in the grocery stores.
- You can also pre-cook the eggs and bacon to make better use of your time and save some money.
To make my Keto, Bacon, Cheese and Avocado Egg Bites, I use:
- Hard-Boiled Egg Cooker- Not only is this the egg cooker that I use, it's one I often give as gifts to friends and family who rave about it!
- Food Processor -This is the food processor I use. Over my many years of cooking, I have had several and find this to be the best, IMO.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Buy Hard Boiled Eggs?
Absolutely! The grocery store has a variety of brands. Look for it in the egg section of your store.
How Long Can I keep Them In The Refrigerator?
I highly recommend you make these keto bacon, cheese, and avocado egg bites whenever you're planning to eat them within a few hours of completing the recipe. However, the hard-boiled eggs and the bacon will keep in the refrigerator about 5-7 days (depending on your refrigerator). Then you can make your avocado and assemble as needed.
Are you ready to make your own egg bites today? Scroll down to see what you need to gather up for ingredients and have fun following my simple instructions to make these flavorful keto bacon, cheese, and avocado egg bites today.
Keto Bacon, Cheese and Avocado Egg Bites
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Net Carbs: 0-1 net carb per serving
6 Pre-cooked hard boiled eggs peeled
6 Thin slices of cheddar cheese
3 Slices of cooked bacon
½ tsp Lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place ½ of an avocado into a food processor.
2. Add in ½ tsp of lemon as well as salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth.
3. Slice each hard boiled egg in half lengthwise.
4. Place one slice of thin cut cheddar cheese on the bottom half of the egg.
5. Top with ½ a slice of cooked bacon.
6. Place a dollop of the avocado mixture on top of the bacon.
7. Put the other half of the egg face down on top to create a little sandwich. Secure the egg bite with a toothpick inserted down the center.
8. Repeat steps 4-7 with the remaining eggs.
9. Top each egg bite with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- These Easy 30 Minute Keto Dinners are a must for busy nights!
- The whole family will love our Keto S’mores with Rich Chocolate and Fluffy Marshmallows.
- These Keto Grilled Chicken Skewers are great on an indoor or outdoor grill.
- Our Keto Mixed Berry Cobbler: Perfect Low Carb Dessert is popular year round!