Low Calorie Chicken Parmesan with Whole Grain Spaghetti: A Healthy Recipe for Delicious Italian Food
Looking for a tasty and healthy Italian meal? Try our recipe for low calorie chicken parmesan served with whole grain spaghetti. This delicious dish is sure to satisfy your cravings without breaking your diet. Get the full recipe and step-by-step instructions now.
Introduction: A Brief Overview of the Recipe Low Calorie Chicken Parmesan with Whole Grain Spaghetti
Today’s recipe for Dollar Tree Meals is a Low Calorie Chicken Parmesan with Whole Grain Spaghetti! This recipe is a delicious and satisfying meal that won’t break the calorie bank. It features whole-grain spaghetti noodles, canned diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, canned chicken, and whole-grain bread crumbs. You can also use Panko crumbs.
One of the main features of this recipe is its low-calorie content. By using whole-grain spaghetti and incorporating lean protein sources like canned chicken, this dish is able to provide all of the flavor and satisfaction of traditional chicken parmesan without the extra calories. This makes it a great option for those looking to watch their calorie intake or maintain a healthy weight and staying on budget.
Comforting Beef and Rice Casserole: A Hearty and Delicious Weeknight Dinner
In addition to being low-calorie, this recipe also has the added benefit of using whole-grain spaghetti. Whole grain pasta is a healthier alternative to refined pasta, as it contains more fiber and nutrients. It can help to keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer, making it a great choice for weight management.
By incorporating this type of meal into your diet, you can enjoy all of the flavors and satisfaction of traditional chicken parmesan without sacrificing your health or weight goals. We hope that you’ll give this recipe a try and see for yourself just how delicious and satisfying low-calorie meals can be!
Ingredients and Preparation: What You’ll Need and How to Make Low Calorie Chicken Parmesan
The ingredients used in this recipe for Low Calorie Chicken Parmesan with Whole Grain Spaghetti include whole grain spaghetti noodles, canned diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, canned chicken, whole grain bread crumbs, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
The whole grain spaghetti noodles provide a healthy alternative to traditional refined pasta, as they are higher in fiber and nutrients. The canned diced tomatoes and tomato sauce add flavor and moisture to the dish, while the Italian seasoning and garlic powder provide classic Italian flavors. The parmesan cheese adds a deliciously creamy and salty element to the dish. Canned chicken is a convenient and low-calorie protein source, and whole grain bread crumbs are used to bread and crisp the chicken. The olive oil helps to coat the noodles and adds flavor, while the salt and pepper add a touch of seasoning.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Truffles Recipe – Easy and Delicious Party Treat
To prepare the dish, the spaghetti noodles are cooked according to the package instructions and then mixed with the tomato sauce mixture and olive oil. The canned chicken is coated in egg and bread crumbs and then placed on top of the noodles. The dish is then baked in the oven until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted and bubbly. The finished dish is served hot over the spaghetti noodles.
Nutritional Information: A Breakdown of the Macronutrients and Micronutrients for the Recipe
The Low-Calorie Chicken Parmesan with Whole Grain Spaghetti recipe is a healthier alternative to traditional chicken parmesan dishes, as it is lower in calories due to the use of whole grain spaghetti, canned chicken, and lower fat ingredients.
One serving of this recipe, made with the listed ingredients, is approximately 400 calories. This is significantly lower than other versions of chicken parmesan, which can often contain upwards of 1000 calories per serving due to the use of full-fat cheese, white pasta, and breaded and fried chicken.
Budget-Friendly Chicken Taco Soup: A Dollar Tree Dinner Idea
The whole-grain spaghetti noodles used in this recipe are a healthier alternative to traditional refined pasta, as they are higher in fiber and nutrients. The canned chicken is a convenient and low-calorie protein source, and the tomato sauce and canned diced tomatoes provide flavor and moisture to the dish without adding many calories. The parmesan cheese adds flavor, but using a lower-fat cheese such as mozzarella or feta could further reduce the calorie content of the dish.
To further reduce the calorie content of this recipe, you could consider substituting some of the pasta with vegetables such as zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash. You could also opt for grilled or baked chicken instead of breaded and fried chicken to further reduce the calorie content. Overall, this Low-Calorie Chicken Parmesan with Whole Grain Spaghetti recipe is a tasty and healthier alternative to traditional chicken parmesan dishes and can be easily modified to suit your specific dietary needs.
Serving and Storage Suggestions: Ideas for Serving and Storing Leftovers
The Low-Calorie Chicken Parmesan with Whole Grain Spaghetti recipe is a delicious and satisfying meal that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a variety of side dishes. Some serving suggestions for this dish include:
- Steamed vegetables: Pair the chicken parmesan with a side of steamed broccoli, asparagus, or green beans for a nutritious and low-calorie addition to the meal.
- Green salad: Serve the chicken parmesan over a bed of mixed greens or a spinach salad for a refreshing and light side dish. You can add some diced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, and a simple vinaigrette for added flavor.
- Roasted vegetables: Roast some vegetables, such as bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms, to add a flavorful and healthy side dish to the chicken parmesan.
- Garlic bread: For a more indulgent side, serve the chicken parmesan with a slice of toasty garlic bread.
If you have leftovers of this dish, it can be easily stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Simply place the leftover casserole in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. To reheat the casserole, you can either microwave it in short increments until it is fully heated through, or bake it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until it is hot and bubbly. The chicken parmesan can also be frozen for up to 3 months, but it may lose some of its texture and flavor upon defrosting.
Conclusion and Recap: A Recap of the Key Points and Encouragement to Try Healthy Chicken Parmesan
In conclusion, the Low-Calorie Chicken Parmesan with Whole Grain Spaghetti is a delicious and satisfying meal that is also lower in calories than traditional versions of chicken parmesan. This recipe is easy to prepare and can be customized to suit your specific dietary needs.
Some key points to remember about this recipe include:
- It is made with whole-grain spaghetti noodles, which are higher in fiber and nutrients than traditional refined pasta.
- It uses canned chicken, which is a convenient and low-calorie protein source.
- It is lower in calories than traditional chicken parmesan dishes due to the use of whole grain spaghetti and lower fat ingredients.
- It can be easily modified to further reduce the calorie content, such as by using lower-fat cheeses or substituting some of the pasta with vegetables.
We hope you will give this Low-Calorie Chicken Parmesan with Whole Grain Spaghetti recipe a try and incorporate it into your meal plans. It is a tasty and satisfying meal that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a variety of side dishes. Give it a try and see for yourself how delicious and satisfying healthy eating can be!
Bonus Section: Additional Recipe Ideas and Variations for Low Calorie Chicken Parmesan
- For a vegetarian version, omit the chicken and add extra vegetables such as sliced mushrooms or bell peppers. You could also try using plant-based protein sources like tofu or tempeh in place of chicken.
- To add some extra flavor and nutrition, try stirring in some cooked, diced zucchini or eggplant into the tomato sauce mixture.
- For a different twist on the traditional chicken parmesan flavor, try using a different type of pasta sauce such as marinara or arrabbiata. You could also try adding some fresh herbs or spices like basil or red pepper flakes to the sauce for added flavor.
- To make the dish even lower in calories, try using a lower-fat cheese or substituting some of the cheese with nutritional yeast or Parmesan cheese crisps. You could also try using a lower-calorie breadcrumb alternative like panko or almond flour.
- For a more filling and satisfying meal, try adding a side of steamed vegetables or a simple green salad. You could also try serving the chicken parmesan over a bed of sautéed spinach or kale for an extra boost of nutrients.
Low Calorie Chicken Parmesan with Whole Grain Spaghetti:
- 8 oz whole grain spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded canned chicken
- 1/4 cup whole grain bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
- Shape the shredded canned chicken into small, flat patties.
- In a shallow dish, beat the egg. In a separate shallow dish, place the bread crumbs. Dip the chicken patties in the beaten egg, then coat with the bread crumbs.
- In a large baking dish, toss the cooked spaghetti noodles with the tomato sauce mixture and the olive oil. Top with the breaded chicken patties.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve the chicken parmesan hot over the spaghetti noodles and enjoy!