Flavorful Grilled Chicken & Brie Panini
This Grilled Chicken and Brie Panini is filled with creamy melted Brie, peppery arugula, and the savory warmth of the spicy peach compote that perfectly complements the chicken breast in this panini. It all comes together in that perfect bite that only comes with a pressed sandwich. I love the crispness of the grilled bread and the dense sandwich filling exploding with all of these flavors. To make the ultimate grilled chicken and brie panini, use this recipe and these incredible tips to make amazing food easier to make.
How To Make The Grilled Chicken & Brie Panini
Tip #1 Precooked Chicken
To save time on making your grilled chicken and brie panini, use rotisserie chicken breast from a cooked whole chicken or buy off-the-bone chicken breast from the deli counter. The more components that come prepared ahead of time, the less work you do in the kitchen and the more extra time you will have.
Tip #2 Substitutions
Part of the joy of making your own food is that you can have it your way without having to ask permission. No special order is too special for you, chef. If you don’t care for arugula, chopped fresh basil would be a nice alternative.
Tip #3 Pressing Business
If you have one, a panini press is the best tool for preparing this recipe. However, a grill pan (or even a large skillet) can also be used. Use a clean heavy cast iron skillet or a spatula to press down on the roll while toasting for best results. Cook both sides simultaneously by preheating the top pan before you use it as a press.
Tip #4 Slice Your Bread
If using ciabatta rolls, for best results, cut them in half prior to assembling. They are much more difficult to cut once assembled and toasted. Save your fingertips. Prep your slices in advance. Any bread that gets crisp can be used.
Grilled Chicken and Brie Panini
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yields 4 sandwiches
½ c. savory peach compote
4 ciabatta rolls (or bread of your choice), cut in half lengthwise
1 c. fresh arugula
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and sliced thin
4 oz. Brie, rind removed and sliced
Potato chips, to serve (optional)
- Spread the savory peach compote on the cut surface of the ciabatta rolls.
- Top half of the rolls with the arugula, chicken breast, and sliced Brie. Add remaining bread on top to form a sandwich.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium heat and add the sandwiches. Press down on the sandwiches with a spatula or a clean heavy cast iron skillet for better contact while grilling.
- Heat until the bread is toasted, approximately 4-5 minutes, before carefully turning the sandwiches. Repeat on the remaining side until toasted, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately along with some potato chips or choice of side dishes. Enjoy!