Spice up your day with this Keto Southwestern Breakfast Skillet recipe. It's packed with delicious southwest flavors from red onion and peppers to cumin and chili powder.
Cooking in cast iron brings back fond memories of my Grandmothers cooking. She would allow me to help in the kitchen. I was having fun but now I know how much she'd been teaching me!
I even remember her showing me how to care for her beloved cast iron.
And let me tell you, if you've not had cornbread from a cast iron pan, have you even had cornbread?! It is life changing!
I love one pan meals like this breakfast skillet. It makes life easy!
For those of you who think keto is boring and you eat all the same things over and over, I am here to change your mind about that! Especially with this Keto Southwestern Breakfast Skillet. It tastes as delicious as it looks! And what can be easier than a one pan dish! Basically just throw it together! It also makes great leftovers...if there are any left!
Even non-keto eaters will love this hearty comfort food skillet loaded with protein and delicious veggies and it'll keep you satisfied through the day.
I love to top mine with sour cream or Greek yogurt and avocado.
I pretty much look for any opportunity to have avocado but it seriously does pair nicely with this skillet breakfast.
Ingredients for Keto Southwestern Breakfast Skillet
- Radishes: Radishes make up the volume of this keto breakfast skillet.
- Red onion: red onion gives it a pop of color and flavor.
- Bacon: lends a crispy texture and smokey flavor.
- Mini Sweet Peppers add a little sweetness.
- Spices: Using chili powder and cumin gives this dish a kick and that classic Southwest flavor.
- Eggs give it the smooth texture.
Keto Southwestern Breakfast Skillet
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
2 T. unsalted butter, divided
1 8-oz. bag radishes, rinsed, trimmed, and quartered
¼ c. red onion, finely diced
2 t. Italian seasoning
1 t. ground cumin
½ t. ground chili powder
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
¾ c. mini sweet peppers, diced (tri-color)
4 large eggs
4 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy
2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 large avocado, diced
1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Melt one tablespoon butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the radishes, red onion, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the radishes start to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and the chopped peppers to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pepper softens, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Create four “wells” in the skillet by pushing the vegetables to the side with a spatula. Add an egg into each opening and reduce heat to medium low. Cover and cook until the eggs are cooked through, approximately 3-5 minutes depending on desired level of doneness.
- Remove from heat and crumble the crispy bacon on top of the skillet. Top with the fresh cilantro and serve immediately with the diced avocado and fresh lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Macros - per serving*
Net Carbs: 5.44g
IF YOU LOVED THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO PIN IT! MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT OUR OTHER GREAT KETO RECIPES TOO!