One-Pot Beef Stroganoff: The Ultimate Comfort Food Recipe
Indulge in a warm and comforting One-Pot Beef Stroganoff. This easy-to-make recipe is perfect for busy weeknights, with tender beef and savory mushrooms in a creamy sauce. Get the recipe now!
One-Pot Beef Stroganoff
Are you looking for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner that is packed with flavor? Look no further than One-Pot Beef Stroganoff! This classic dish is the perfect combination of savory beef, earthy mushrooms, and creamy sauce. And the best part? It can all be made in just one pot, making cleanup a breeze.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it is so versatile. You can use any type of pasta you have on hand, and even substitute the beef for ground turkey or chicken if you prefer. Plus, it’s a great way to sneak in some veggies – I like to add some diced bell peppers or zucchini to the mix.
If you’re new to cooking, don’t worry – this recipe is super simple to follow. And if you’re a seasoned chef, you’ll appreciate how easy it is to customize to your liking. So let’s dive in and learn how to make One-Pot Beef Stroganoff!
Did You Know?
Beef Stroganoff is a Russian dish that has been around for centuries, with the first recorded recipe dating back to the 1800s. The dish is traditionally made with tender strips of beef cooked in a rich sour cream sauce and served over a bed of egg noodles. However, over time, different variations of the dish have emerged.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 lb. beef stew meat
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 diced onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz. egg noodles
How to Make One-Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the beef stew meat and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the pot and set aside. Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pot and add the diced onion and sliced mushrooms. Cook until the onion is translucent and the mushrooms are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and paprika to the pot and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the flour until the vegetables are coated and cook for another minute.
- Gradually stir in the beef broth, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to get all the browned bits. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Return the beef to the pot and add the egg noodles. Cook until the noodles are tender and the beef is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Can You Freeze One-Pot Beef Stroganoff?
Yes, you can freeze One-Pot Beef Stroganoff! Let the dish cool to room temperature and transfer it to an airtight container or freezer bag. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat it, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat it in a pot on the stove or in the microwave.
Tips & Variations
- To add more depth of flavor, you can substitute beef broth with red wine or add a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- For a lighter version, you can substitute sour cream with Greek yogurt.
- If you don’t have egg noodles, you can use any type of pasta you have on hand.
One of the most popular variations is the One-Pot Beef Stroganoff, which is a simplified version of the classic dish. This version of the dish uses ground beef instead of strips of beef and is cooked entirely in one pot, making it a quick and easy meal option for busy weeknights.
Another interesting variation of Beef Stroganoff is the vegetarian or vegan version. Instead of using beef, this variation of the dish uses meat substitutes such as tofu or seitan. The sour cream sauce can also be made using vegan alternatives such as coconut cream or cashew cream. There are Americanized versions such as beef stroganoff with cream of mushroom soup.
There are also regional variations of Beef Stroganoff that use different types of meat and spices. For example, in Brazil, the dish is made with strips of chicken instead of beef and is served over rice instead of egg noodles. In Sweden, the dish is made with ground beef and is flavored with dill and mustard. You can also make a one pot ground beef stroganoff.
No matter which variation of Beef Stroganoff you choose to make, one thing is for sure – it’s a delicious and satisfying meal that is sure to please everyone at the dinner table.
What to Serve with One-Pot Beef Stroganoff
One-Pot Beef Stroganoff is a complete meal on its own, but if you want to add some greens to your plate, a simple side salad or roasted vegetables would be a great addition.
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, you can microwave it in a microwave-safe dish or reheat it in a pot on the stove with a splash of beef broth to prevent it from drying out.
In conclusion, One-Pot Beef Stroganoff is a delicious, comforting, and easy meal that will become a staple in your household. With its simple ingredients and easy preparation, you can whip up a hearty meal in no time. Give it a try and enjoy!
More One-Pot Meals:
Unlock the Flavor of One-Pot Creamy Tuscan Tomato Basil Chicken Pasta