These Keto Breakfast Casseroles are just what you need if you have busy mornings or hate cooking first thing in the a.m. They can easily be made ahead.
Regardless of whether you are on a keto, low carb diet or not, anyone leading a busy life or hates cooking in the a.m. will love these breakfast casseroles. They make life easier and prevent grabbing convenience foods that are unhealthy and junk.
For weekdays, they can be made ahead, just like the Grab-n-Go Breakfast Muffins and cut and wrapped. They can also be prepared the night before for weekend morning so they can easily be popped into the oven.
These breakfast casseroles are just what you need to stay keto, low carb as they are packed with nutrients, protein, and perfect keto fats.
New to keto and my site? Let me tell you a bit about keto before we hop into the recipes. Already familiar? Simply scroll down to the best the Keto Breakfast Casseroles.
Having Trouble With Getting Started? Want my tried and true recipes? Get my Ultimate Guide to Keto along with my favorite recipes (1,000!) HERE.
What Is The Keto Diet?
The Keto Diet (ketogenic diet) is a low-carb, high-fat diet. As a diet plan, it shares many of the same foods and drinks as the Atkins diet and other low-carb diets.
What makes a Keto diet different is that it focuses on drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing those carbohydrates with fat. This drastic reduction in carbohydrates puts your body into a metabolic state that is called ketosis.
The point of going into ketosis is to help your body become efficient at burning fat for energy. While this is happening, your body turns the fat into ketones in the liver, supplying energy to the brain. A cautionary note: ketogenic diets can cause massive reductions in blood sugar and insulin levels. So while this can be a good thing for some people, it can cause problems for other people.
Why Go Keto?
There are a number of reasons why people go on a ketogenic diet. In most cases, it is to lose weight. In some cases, they are medically supervised and use the ketogenic diet as part of a treatment plan.
- Weight Loss. Due to lowered insulin levels and the body’s ability to burn stored fat, those who adhere to the diet find that they lose weight more quickly than with conventional diets.
- Cancer Prevention. There are medical studies, such as those conducted by the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Iowa, and the National Institutes of Health’s National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, that are showing good results with the ketogenic diet being an effective treatment for cancer.
- Lower Cholesterol. A modified ketogenic diet, what might be called a moderately low-carb diet, is beneficial for healthy adults who are at risk for metabolic syndrome, those struggling with losing weight or controlling levels of blood sugar.
- Improve Cognitive Function. Ketogenic diets are being used to help treat Alzheimer’s symptoms and those on the diet have shown a reduction in those symptoms and improved cognitive function.
- Reduced Seizures in Epileptics. The Epilepsy Foundation endorses the ketogenic diet because it has been shown to help control seizures in some people with epilepsy. Doctors usually recommend the ketogenic diet for children whose seizures have not responded to several different seizure medicines.
As you can see, the ketogenic diet is more than just a low-carb/high-fat diet to lose weight. It is being studied and used now as a part of the treatment of many different diseases.
Keto Breakfast Casseroles You Need In Your Life
Keto Breakfast Casseroles#1 Low Carb Bacon, Egg, Spinach Breakfast Casserole
Keto Breakfast Casseroles#2 Breakfast Casserole with Sausage and Cheese
Keto Breakfast Casseroles#3 Low Carb Sausage & Egg Casserole
Keto Breakfast Casseroles#4 Chorizo and Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Keto Breakfast Casseroles#5 Bacon, Egg, Mushroom & Spinach Casserole
Keto Breakfast Casseroles#6 Broccoli & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Keto Breakfast Casseroles#7 Turkey and Egg Breakfast Casserole
Keto Breakfast Casseroles#8 Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs
Keto Breakfast Casseroles#10 Bacon and Asparagus Breakfast Casserole
Keto Breakfast Casseroles#11 High Protein Breakfast Casserole
Keto Breakfast Casseroles#12 Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Keto Breakfast Casseroles#13 Bacon and Eggs Cottage Casserole
Keto Breakfast Casseroles#14 Monte Cristo Breakfast Casserole
Keto Breakfast Casseroles#15 Low Carb Breakfast Lasagna
Keto Breakfast Casseroles#16 Eggs Benedict Breakfast Casserole
As you can see, you can have a delicious low carb, keto friendly breakfast any day with these!