Keto Avocado Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich
Mouthwatering & Filling Keto Avocado Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich – Knock your breakfast out of the park with these absolutely phenomenal Keto Avocado Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich! This Keto Avocado Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich is filling, delicious, and is a perfect fit for anyone on a low carb or keto plan.
Making a keto friendly breakfast sandwich is a challenge. When you have a specific diet that cuts out bread, you have to get creative. Gluten-free diets made all kinds of different breads that don’t rely on wheat gluten and they work great.
However, when your primary concern is carbs, no bread will due. At least, they haven’t come up with one yet. That makes it hard to eat sandwiches. That’s for sure. Over the years we have tried a number of solutions such as lettuce wraps to get around the carb count and support keto.
Now there is a solution that makes putting together a keto friendly breakfast sandwich a breeze and it not only cuts carbs, but it also increases fat and protein.
We accomplish a better keto friendly breakfast sandwich by baking egg rounds to use as the bun. sandwiching avocado, bacon, and cheddar cheese between baked egg rounds is one of the tastiest and best things you can do for your breakfast to set yourself up for the day.
Making the Egg Rounds
Making the egg rounds for your keto friendly breakfast sandwich is easy. It only takes mixing 6 egg whites to get started. using the directions below you’ll create a mixture that when baked will make a perfect keto friendly replacement for the bun of your breakfast sandwich.
Of course, the rest of the ingredients in this recipe are no accident. The avocado, the bacon, and the cheddar cheese were all carefully selected to maximize the keto value of your keto friendly breakfast sandwich.
Using a Stand-Mixer
This recipe calls for a stand mixer. While you could whisk the egg whites by hand, you need to get stiff peaks and it’s very rigorous work. Using a stand mixer is the best way to handle the egg whites as there is plenty of additional mining that the recipe calls for. Don’t tire yourself out making this keto friendly breakfast sandwich.
Optional Tip: Use a 3 or 4” round cookie cutter to trim the egg rounds after baking.
Keto Friendly Breakfast Sandwich with Cheddar/Avocado/Bacon
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
6 large eggs, separated
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
¼ t. garlic powder
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
1 large avocado, sliced
½ medium tomato, thinly sliced
12 thick-cut slices bacon, cooked crispy
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat™ baking mats. Set aside.
- Add the 6 egg whites to the bowl of a stand-mixer or a large mixing bowl if using a hand mixer. Mix on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the cream cheese with 4 egg yolks and the garlic powder. (Reserve the remaining egg yolks for another use). Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Working in batches, gently fold the whipped egg whites into the cream cheese mixture with a spatula just until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Do not overwork.
- Spoon approximately a quarter cup of the mixture on the prepared baking sheets to create 8 circles. Gently spread the mixture into one-half inch high circles, leaving some space between each circle. (The mounds will spread a bit while baking).
- Bake until the egg rounds become golden and fully set in the center, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and trim each egg round with the cookie-cutter, if desired. Place a slice of cheddar cheese on four of the circles and return to the oven just until the cheese is melted, approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and top each of the rounds with cheddar with 2-3 avocado slices, a thin slice of tomato, and one strip of bacon broken in half. Top with the remaining egg rounds and serve immediately with 2 additional strips of crispy bacon on the side. Enjoy!
Macros – per serving*
Net Carbs: 4.32g