Delectable & Filling Keto Egg Wraps with Spinach, Avocado, & Bacon – Knock your breakfast out of the park with this absolutely phenomenal Keto Egg Wrap with Spinach, Avocado, & Bacon! This Keto Egg Wraps with Spinach, Avocado, & Bacon is delicious and is a perfect fit for anyone on a low-carb or keto plan.
The beauty of a wrap is that you can load it with anything you want depending on your nutrition goals. You can hit your macronutrients hard with one blow and set yourself up for a successful day, just by constructing a smart meal in the form of a wrap.
Keto egg wraps like this one are an exceptional way to achieve a high fat to carb ratio. Each component to these keto egg wraps is specifically chosen to make one of the most potent keto foods you can have.
What Are Keto Egg Wraps
Don’t be confused by the term wrap. This food is more like a crepe than a burrito. Tortillas are not keto-friendly on account of the high level of carbs. Instead, you will make an egg mixture that once set you can add additional ingredients to it. This type of wrap is not a handheld food item, but you can enjoy them as you would an omelet.
Power Ingredients for a Solid Wrap
Eggs are great for keto so they make the perfect base for these keto egg wraps. Each wrap has the equivalent of two eggs. The wrap is backed up by three key ingredients. spinach, one of the keto-friendly greens, helps to fill out the wrap with insoluble fiber, while the avocado bombs the wrap with a strong dose of essential monounsaturated fat.
Get even more fat and protein from the bacon. However, these power ingredients only tell part of the story. Behind the scenes, this wrap also contains half & half, butter, and olive oil.
This recipe is enough for four 562 calorie servings. Each wrap has over 50 grams of fat, 21 grams of protein, and 4.25 grams of net carbs. On top of the nutrients in these keto egg wraps, they are very easy to prepare.
Keto Egg Wraps with Spinach, Avocado, & Bacon
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ c. half & half
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. butter, divided
- 8 thick-cut bacon strips
- 3 c. baby spinach
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1-2 t. hot sauce, to taste
- Combine the eggs, half & half, garlic powder, and olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk until smooth.
- Melt one-half tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch non-stick skillet set over medium heat. Pour one-quarter of the egg batter into the preheated skillet and swirl pan to evenly coat the bottom.
- Reduce heat to just below medium and cover the skillet. Cook just until the egg batter sets and is cooked through approximately 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Transfer the egg wrap to a reserved platter and set aside. Repeat this process with the remaining batter.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to another skillet and cook until crispy, approximately 5-6 minutes. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and blot off excess grease. Discard all but one tablespoon of bacon grease in the pan and add the baby spinach. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring occasionally, just until the spinach wilts, approximately 2 minutes.
- To serve, top each egg wrap with the spinach mixture, two strips of bacon, and some avocado slices. Add a dash of hot sauce and fold, if desired. Enjoy!
Macros – per serving*
Net Carbs: 4.25g