These 11 Grab-n-Go Breakfast Muffins are just what you need if you have busy mornings or hate cooking first thing in the a.m.
Regardless of whether you are on a keto, low carb diet or not, anyone leading a busy life or hates cooking in the a.m. will love these grab and go muffins. They make life easier and prevent grabbing convenience foods that are unhealthy and junk.
I take a Saturday or Sunday and prep several varieties, bake and then wrap and freeze. I simply pull one out the night before and thaw overnight in the fridge. The next morning I just pop in the microwave for a fast, healthy breakfast.
These grab-n-go muffins are just what you need to stay keto, low carb as they are packed with nutrients, protein, and perfect keto fats. While I have hyped them as breakfast, these are all fabulous any time of day. Whether a breakfast, snack, lunch or appetizer, they are sure to fill you up!
New to keto and my site? Let me tell you a bit about keto before we hop into the recipes. Already familiar? Simply scroll down to the best 10 Low Carb Grab-n-Go Breakfast Muffins you’ll ever eat 🙂
Having Trouble With Getting Started? Want my tried and true recipes? Get my Ultimate Guide to Keto along with my favorite recipes (1,000!) HERE.
What Is The Keto Diet?
The Keto Diet (ketogenic diet) is a low-carb, high-fat diet. As a diet plan, it shares many of the same foods and drinks as the Atkins diet and other low-carb diets.
What makes a Keto diet different is that it focuses on drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing those carbohydrates with fat. This drastic reduction in carbohydrates puts your body into a metabolic state that is called ketosis.
The point of going into ketosis is to help your body become efficient at burning fat for energy. While this is happening, your body turns the fat into ketones in the liver, supplying energy to the brain. A cautionary note: ketogenic diets can cause massive reductions in blood sugar and insulin levels. So while this can be a good thing for some people, it can cause problems for other people.
Why Go Keto?
There are a number of reasons why people go on a ketogenic diet. In most cases, it is to lose weight. In some cases, they are medically supervised and use the ketogenic diet as part of a treatment plan.
- Weight Loss. Due to lowered insulin levels and the body’s ability to burn stored fat, those who adhere to the diet find that they lose weight more quickly than with conventional diets.
- Cancer Prevention. There are medical studies, such as those conducted by the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Iowa, and the National Institutes of Health’s National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, that are showing good results with the ketogenic diet being an effective treatment for cancer.
- Lower Cholesterol. A modified ketogenic diet, what might be called a moderately low-carb diet, is beneficial for healthy adults who are at risk for metabolic syndrome, those struggling with losing weight or controlling levels of blood sugar.
- Improve Cognitive Function. Ketogenic diets are being used to help treat Alzheimer’s symptoms and those on the diet have shown a reduction in those symptoms and improved cognitive function.
- Reduced Seizures in Epileptics. The Epilepsy Foundation endorses the ketogenic diet because it has been shown to help control seizures in some people with epilepsy. Doctors usually recommend the ketogenic diet for children whose seizures have not responded to several different seizure medicines.
As you can see, the ketogenic diet is more than just a low-carb/high-fat diet to lose weight. It is being studied and used now as a part of the treatment of many different diseases.
11 Grab-n-Go Breakfast Muffins You Need In Your Life
Grab-n-Go Breakfast Muffins #1: Spicy Sausage Cheese & Egg Muffins
The Happier Homemaker brought us these breakfast muffins with a kick from spicy sausage.
Grab-n-Go Breakfast Muffins #2: Low Carb Breakfast Egg Muffins Filled with Sausage Gravy
What could be better than an egg muffin filled with Sausage Gravy? I could wake up to these every morning!
Grab-n-Go Breakfast Muffins #3: Keto Lemon Sour Cream Muffins – Low Carb
For those with a sweet tooth, these Lemon Sour Cream Muffins are sure to hit the sweet spot for breakfast!
Grab-n-Go Breakfast Muffins #4: Taco Egg Muffins – Low Carb, Gluten Free
Looking for something a little different? You might just be looking for these. Taco Egg Muffins are delicious any time of the day but extra special in the am topped with salsa.
Grab-n-Go Breakfast Muffins #5: Paleo Pizza Egg Muffins
Are you one of those that love pizza for breakfast? You’ll love these Paleo Pizza Egg Muffins for sure! Just like pizza, they are even good cold 🙂
Grab-n-Go Breakfast Muffins #6: Egg Sausage Muffins
I love these Egg Sausage Muffins as they offer a different variety with the way the eggs are prepared. With the red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper, they offer a little delicious kick.
Grab-n-Go Breakfast Muffins #7: Mediterranean Ham and Egg Cups
Perfect for breakfast, snack or even appetizer, these Mediterranean Ham and Egg Cups are not only packed with protein and healthy fats but also with flavor with its roasted red peppers, feta, and pesto.
Grab-n-Go Breakfast Muffins #8: Prosciutto-Wrapped Mini Frittata Muffins
This little delight is a frittata wrapped up in a muffin! If you’ve never had prosciutto, you are missing out and time to hop aboard! These Prosciutto-Wrapped Mini Frittata Muffins are a must-try!
Grab-n-Go Breakfast Muffins #9: Ham and Swiss Breakfast Muffins
These Ham and Swiss Breakfast Muffins may sound #basic but they don’t taste basic. Ham and swiss pack in flavor with protein and fats.
Grab-n-Go Breakfast Muffins #10: Chicken Pot Pie Egg Muffins
WHAT?! Chicken Pot Pie in an egg muffin? Heck, yes, please!!! Leave it to Peace, Love and Low Carb to not only think outside the box but knock it out of the park with these Chicken Pot Pie Egg Muffins!
Grab-n-Go Breakfast Muffins #11: Blueberry Muffins
So many think you can’t have treats like these Blueberry Muffins on keto but that is not the case! These are packed with flavor but not carbs.
I hope these inspire you to eat healthily and these make-ahead, grab-n-go muffins make life that much easier!