I am sure by now, whether you are on keto or researching keto, that you’ve heard about the viral Keto Chaffle recipe.
Everywhere you turn on facebook or Pinterest, or if you are in any low carb and keto groups, you are bound to have seen the keto chaffle.
It seemed as though it happened in a minute! There are a million variations and today I am sharing by basic Keto Chaffle recipe.
Easiest Keto Chaffles
Wondering why the Keto Chaffles went viral?
Well, they take a few basic ingredients and, within a few minutes, transform them into a savory or sweet keto-friendly item that can be eaten alone or turned into an amazing sandwich.
What is it?
What is a keto Chaffle recipe , you may ask.
Well, it’s quite simply an egg and cheese waffle.
While that may not sound tasty, it really is.
Especially when you try a variation.
My keto facebook groups offer a multitude of variations!
One of my favorites is taking a plain one from the fridge (I make them ahead of time), popping it in the toaster and then slathering cream cheese or butter and topping with Everything but the Bagel seasoning.
It’s easy and fast…my favorite kind of breakfast since I am not a morning person!
How does it taste?
While we are all different, with different tastes, this is going viral because it appeals to just about everyone. The variations also help.
It’s also easier to enjoy these if you have been keto awhile.
If you are fresh on the keto train, you will notice the difference.
You know that saying it takes 21 days? Well, it really is true.
Like I have said, it went viral almost overnight because most love it.
Chaffles are most famous as a substitute for bread.
I’ve used chaffles as a ‘taco shell’, hamburger bun, and most often as a sandwich bread.
Your imagination is your only limit.
I’ve made the kids personal pizzas from a chaffle too. They are a hit with them!
What do you use to create a chaffle?
Any waffle iron will work.
I love my Dash mini waffle maker.
They are quite popular due to the price and how well Dash products hold up. I have a few.
My other favorite is my hard boiled egg maker.
The dash just makes it easier since it is already sandwich sized and thinner.
Regular waffle irons make thicker chaffles and take longer to cook.
How do you make a chaffle?
Heat up your waffle maker and mix your shredded cheese and an egg in a bowl.
Since every recipe is different, be sure you aren’t over-filling the waffle maker.
Most recipes will make two chaffles in the small Dash.
Every waffle makers heat time is also different, so look for the golden brown color to signify it is cooked and remove from the waffle maker.
You can eat your chaffles as:
- A breakfast sandwich
- Sandwich bread
- Taco shell
- Hamburger bun
- Grilled cheese chaffle
Variations (from my facebook groups)
- French toast Chaffle by using mozzarella, adding cinnamon, vanilla, and a pinch of swerve. Topped with butter and syrup
- Garlic Bread Chaffle-Egg, about a half cup of cheddar, garlic powder, Italian seasoning. Better with butter on top.
- I craved a bagel so I made mine like yours except only used cheddar and put fresh garlic in mine. Topped with cream cheese and fresh chives.
- made ham sandwiches for my daughter and I w my first chaffle! Used mozzarella, cheddar, eggs, and sprinkles of garlic powder, salt, pepper.
- Turkey and tomato sandwich. Delicious 😋
- Air fryer grilled chicken, gouda, tomato and lettuce!! 😋
- Craved a bagel so I made this chaffle with 1 egg, 1/2 cup cheddar, Tony’s seasoning and fresh garlic. Topped with cream cheese and fresh chives. I made the chaffle crispy.
- Chicken Chaffle- 1 egg, 1 tbsp almond flour, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, 1/2 cup shredded chicken. Roll into a meatball shape, place into center of iron and squish that bad boy closed. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Drizzle with sugar free syrup and devour! I did, which is why I have no pic 🤣I cooked this in my large waffle iron, but you’d most likely get 2 servings with the mini waffle iron.
- Strawberries, whipped cream and SF syrup chaffle
- bLT sandwich. This one has a 1/2 cup of crushed plain pork rinds 1 egg and 1/3 cup of cheddar cheese plus a little garlic powder. Have t tried the chaffle yet I feel like it would be softer then these though and more eggy. I prefer the #paffle
- The broccoli cheddar chaffle….for those wanting to incorporate veggies. It’s basically the same ingredients as the popular “keto broccoli fritter” just cooked in a waffle iron. A-MAZE-BALLS! I just subbed out the tsp of cajun seasoning for 1/2 tsp of onion powder and 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Everyone’s crazy about the chaffle so I thought I would share my version that I’ve been making for a couple months now that is so good! I never used this for pancakes but the waffles come out amazing! Similar texture to eggo waffles ❤ 1 egg, 1 oz cream cheese, softened (I sometimes microwave it for 10-15 seconds if I didn’t soften it outside the refrigerator). I mix it with a fork, I don’t like the texture as much with a blender, idk why. The mixture is always chunky bc its just with a fork but they come out amazingly beautiful every time. 1 egg and 1 oz cream cheese makes 2 waffles with the mini dash!
- I’ve tried variations with pb2, pumpkin puree and pie spice, cinnamon, etc. They’re all amazing.
- Deep dish pizza for lunch! Made chaffle in big iron first- 2 eggs, 1 c. Mozz cheese, 2T cream cheese, 2T almond flour, 1tsp garlic. Sprayed iron and cooked. Added toppings and placed in oven for 10 m in 375….
- I used pepperjack and cheddar, egg. Diced chicken, diced jalapeno, bacon and smothered in cream cheese
Let me know if you love the chaffles and you would like variation updates!
Check out these other great keto recipes!
Chaffle Cheat Sheet courtesy of u/pandabear34 on /r/ketorecipes/