30 Comfort Food Keto Soups That’ll Make You Feel Cozy and Fill You Up
These keto soups will make you feel cozy and fill you up. Soups are great on keto. Soups are so versatile, fast to put together and can even be made with leftovers! I’ve compiled my favorite keto soups that are sure to warm your insides 🙂
What Is The Keto Diet?
The Keto Diet (ketogenic diet) is a low-carb, high-fat diet. As a diet plan, it shares many of the same foods and drinks as the Atkins diet and other low-carb diets.
What makes a Keto diet different is that it focuses on drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing those carbohydrates with fat. This drastic reduction in carbohydrates puts your body into a metabolic state that is called ketosis.
The point of going into ketosis is to help your body become efficient at burning fat for energy. While this is happening, your body turns the fat into ketones in the liver, supplying energy to the brain. A cautionary note: ketogenic diets can cause massive reductions in blood sugar and insulin levels. So while this can be a good thing for some people, it can cause problems for other people.
Keto meal plan have you confused?
Click HERE to get to simplify your life with keto-approved meals plans sent straight to your inbox.
Why Go Keto?
There are a number of reasons why people go on a ketogenic diet. In most cases, it is to lose weight. In some cases, they are medically supervised and use the ketogenic diet as part of a treatment plan.
- Weight Loss. Due to lowered insulin levels and the body’s ability to burn stored fat, those who adhere to the diet find that they lose weight more quickly than with conventional diets.
- Cancer Prevention. There are medical studies, such as those conducted by the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Iowa, and the National Institutes of Health’s National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, that are showing good results with the ketogenic diet being an effective treatment for cancer.
- Lower Cholesterol. A modified ketogenic diet, what might be called a moderately low-carb diet, is beneficial for healthy adults who are at risk for metabolic syndrome, those struggling with losing weight or controlling levels of blood sugar.
- Improve Cognitive Function. Ketogenic diets are being used to help treat Alzheimer’s symptoms and those on the diet have shown a reduction in those symptoms and improved cognitive function.
- Reduced Seizures in Epileptics. The Epilepsy Foundation endorses the ketogenic diet because it has been shown to help control seizures in some people with epilepsy. Doctors usually recommend the ketogenic diet for children whose seizures have not responded to several different seizure medicines.
As you can see, the ketogenic diet is more than just a low-carb/high-fat diet to lose weight. It is being studied and used now as a part of the treatment of many different diseases.
As you can see, keto is really easy once you get the hang of it! Here are the best of the best keto soups from Pinterest!
Comforting Keto Soups
Spicy Shrimp and Chorizo Soup from Cook Eat Paleo
Roasted Carrot Soup from Well Plated
Crockpot Vegetable Soup from Food, Faith, Fitness
Cabbage Soup from Ketogasm
Wild Mushroom Soup from The Diet Doctor
Roasted Brussels Sprout Soup with Bacon from Low Carb Yum
Weeknight Keto Beef Stew from Perfect Keto
Crockpot Low Carb Taco Soup from Beyer Beware
Chicken Taco Soup from Plain Chicken
Crockpot Cabbage Roll Soup from Sugar-Free Mom
Broccoli Cheddar Soup from Hey Keto Mama
Creamy Cauliflower Soup from Yummy, Healthy, Easy
Paleo Chicken Noodle Soup from Coconut Mama
Sopa de Lima from Beauty and the Foodie
Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup from That Low Carb Life
Thai Chicken Soup from Paleo Flourish
Palak Soup from Low Carb Yum
Thai Coconut Soup from Ketogasm
Cream of Mushroom Soup from Joy Filled Eats
Spinach Kadhi Soup from My Dainty Soul Curry
Beef Crockpot Taco Soup from Ketovale
Beef Stroganoff Soup from KetoDiet App
Keto Beef Ramen from The Diet Doctor
Vegetable Beef Soup from Low Carb Yum
Turmeric Beef Bone Broth from Bulletproof Blog
Cream of Zucchini Soup from SkinnyTaste
Vegetable Soup with Fennel and Celery Stock from The Diet Doctor
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup from Delish
Broccoli and Leek Soup from The Diet Doctor
Creamy Garlic Chicken Soup from Ketogasm
Thai Chicken Zoodle Soupfrom All Day I Dream About Food
Greek Lemon Chicken Soup from A Spicy Perspective
Chicken Avocado Lime Soup from Delish
Love these recipes? Share on Pinterest!
Be sure to follow my Keto/low carb board on Pinterest! <3