Hi friends! While I may work from home, my schedule is hectic. CABL is all about trying to help make your life better. From eating healthy to home hacks, I try to make everything in life feel a little better when it comes to simplifying everyday things. So, what hack are we talking about today? The pantry. The bane of my existence, lol. Where everything food lands and becomes hidden. It’s also where the kids sneak into, so I need to keep the chaos at bay with an organized pantry.
I’ve always loved organization. And like I said, I work from home and adding in kids, if it’s messy I am less than productive, to say the least. Cleaning and organizing actually will help us to be healthier and reduce stress and cause you to be more productive. An organized pantry will also save you money! No more overbuying or waste because you had no idea what was on hand!
Trust me, you can review all of the organizational posts, but your take away should only be the basic tips, This is because it may look beautiful, but not be functional for YOU! It has to work for your circumstances.
With my kitchen, I had to know where everything is quickly and keep the kids’ stuff low so they didn’t cause chaos to the rest of the pantry.
Before organizing, I had thrown in items and stacks with no system. I made mental notes what made sense to my kitchen in a reorganize:
- Since I won’t put food on the floor, I would use the space for beverage storage.
- To minimize soda drinking though I want it on hand for guests, I knew keeping it on the floor and warm would prevent me from drinking it as opposed to storing grab and go water bottles, ready in the fridge.
- Rarely used supplies, like baking or extras would be stored on the hard to reach top shelf
- Snacks had to be on the bottom shelf so the kids grabbed what they needed without making a mess of the rest of my stuff.
- I wanted containers that were labeled for easy storage and quick grab.
- While it may not be out in the open, I wanted an attractive cohesive feel.
An Organized Pantry in 5 Steps
Step 1: Clean & Paint
Clear absolutely everything out of your pantry, even the what’s on the floor. Wash everything down with either a vinegar and water or ammonia and water solution. This will ensure a clean surface and no bugs. Prime, if needed and paint the walls. While you’re at it, check out 10 Organization Ideas Under $10.
Step 5: Other storage
If you’re blessed with a large pantry, you may want to keep other items in here such as appliances like a KitchenAid, or hostessing paraphernalia.
There you have it! I hope you’ve gotten some inspiration for an organized pantry of your own! Do you like hacks of all kinds? You can see more of my hack posts here! Xoxo