Looking for a delicious and easy comfort food recipe? Try One-Pot Tortellini Soup! This creamy tomato-based soup is packed with tender tortellini and flavorful veggies, and can be made in just 30 minutes. Perfect for a cozy weeknight dinner or a chilly winter day, this soup is sure to become a new family favorite. Get the recipe now!
One-pot meals are a lifesaver for busy weeknights. They’re easy to make, require minimal clean-up, and can feed a crowd. If you’re a fan of Italian cuisine, you’re in for a treat with this One-Pot Tortellini Soup. This creamy tomato-based soup is packed with tender tortellini and flavorful veggies, and can be made in just 30 minutes. Perfect for a cozy weeknight dinner or a chilly winter day, this one-pot soup is sure to become a new family favorite.
Key Ingredients: To make this tortellini soup recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Crushed tomatoes
- Chicken or vegetable broth
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
How to Make One-Pot Tortellini Soup:
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add chopped onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add minced garlic, chopped carrots, chopped celery, and red pepper flakes. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, until the veggies are slightly softened.
- Add crushed tomatoes and chicken or vegetable broth to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tortellini to the pot and cook according to the package directions.
- Once the tortellini is cooked, add chopped spinach, heavy cream, and grated Parmesan cheese to the pot. Stir well and let the soup simmer for a few more minutes until the spinach is wilted and the cheese is melted.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
Can You Freeze One-Pot Tortellini Soup?
Yes, you can freeze this creamy tomato soup. To freeze, let the soup cool completely and transfer it to an airtight container or a ziplock bag. Label the container with the date and freeze it for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw the soup in the refrigerator overnight and warm it up on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Tips & Variations:
- You can use any type of tortellini you like for this recipe, such as cheese, spinach, or meat-filled tortellini.
- Feel free to add more veggies to the soup, such as diced zucchini or sliced mushrooms.
- If you prefer a spicier soup, add more red pepper flakes or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- For a lighter version of the soup, you can use half-and-half or milk instead of heavy cream.
- If you don’t have Parmesan cheese, you can use grated Pecorino Romano or Asiago cheese instead.
One thing to note is that this recipe is also a great way to use up any leftover vegetables you may have on hand. You can add chopped carrots, spinach, or even kale to the soup to increase its nutritional value and add some extra flavor. Plus, by using frozen tortellini, this recipe is not only easy but also budget-friendly.
What To Serve With One-Pot Tortellini Soup
The soup is a complete meal in itself, but you can serve it with a piece of crusty bread, garlic bread, or a side salad. A simple green salad with a tangy vinaigrette or a Caesar salad would complement the flavors of the soup well. You could also add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top of the soup for added flavor.
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
If you have leftovers, let the soup cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. When reheating, you can do so on the stovetop or in the microwave. If the soup is too thick, add a little bit of broth or water to thin it out.
One-pot tortellini soup is a delicious and comforting meal that can be made with just a few simple ingredients. It’s perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a cozy weekend lunch. With this recipe, you can have a hearty and satisfying meal on the table in no time. So go ahead and give it a try, and let us know how it turns out!
More One-Pot Wonder Meals: