Keto Shrimp Taco Lettuce Wraps
Forget the high carb tortilla shells when you can enjoy a keto-friendly shrimp taco using lettuce wraps.
These shrimp tacos will make you beg for more.
A delight in your mouth with just the right blend of seasoning to make your taste buds happy.
If you’ve been wondering what all the fuss is about keto shrimp taco lettuce wraps, then continue reading to learn more about this delightful recipe.
What is the best lettuce for wraps?
There are a few types of lettuce that seem to hold up to the challenge of being a taco wrap.
The best options for your keto shrimp taco lettuce wraps include Iceberg, butter or green leaf lettuce.
These are the best lettuce options when you’re replacing a tortilla shell or bread for a lettuce wrap to lower your carb intake during your keto diet.
How do you cut a lettuce head for lettuce wraps?
Now that you know which lettuce is best for wraps, it’s time to help you cut a lettuce head for your keto shrimp taco lettuce wraps.
If you’re using Iceberg lettuce then you’ll need to remove the core of your Iceberg lettuce and cut the head of lettuce in half.
You can then separate each of the lettuce leaves into layers of 2-3 lettuce leaves for your tacos.
If you plan to use butter lettuce for your shrimp lettuce tacos then you can easily separate the leaves and set them aside for use during the process of putting your shrimp taco favorites on top of the lettuce leaves.
Enough with all that lettuce talk, what I really love about these taco lettuce wraps is the shrimp!
That delightful shrimp flavor mixed with the crunch of shredded purple cabbage, avocado and tomato seals the deal.
I can’t even begin to explain that flavor explosion that happens with my first bite of every keto shrimp taco lettuce wrap.
Did someone say tacos?
If you’re done listening to me talk the lettuce wraps and taco talk, then scroll some more to find the information you seek for this delightful keto shrimp taco lettuce wraps recipe.
How to Make Keto Shrimp Taco Lettuce Wraps
These keto shrimp taco lettuce wraps are easy enough to serve as a simple busy weeknight meal.
The whole family will devour these shrimp taco lettuce wraps quickly, so be sure to make enough for the whole family.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6 (1 serving is 2-3 lettuce wraps with roughly 10 shrimp total)
Net Carbs: 2 net carbs per serving
- 2 lbs. Peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 tbsp Shredded purple cabbage
- ½ Avocado chopped
- 4 tbsp Chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Freshly chopped parsley
- 15-18 Bibb or butter lettuce leaves
- 1 Lemon (optional)
- Clean and dry your shrimp.
- Dice the tomatoes and avocado, chop the parsley and shred the purple cabbage.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shrimp, chili powder, paprika, cumin, minced garlic as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the shrimp for 5-8 minutes until cooked through. You may need to cook the shrimp in two or more batches depending on the size of your skillet.
- Let the shrimp cool for a few minutes before creating your lettuce wraps. This will keep the lettuce wraps from immediately wilting.
- To make one serving, place two or three lettuce leaves on a counter or plate. Split 2 tbsp of purple cabbage, 10 shrimp, ⅙ of the chopped avocado and ½ tbsp of chopped tomatoes between the lettuce leaves. Top with some freshly chopped parsley, and a squeeze of lemon if you like.
- Repeat step 6 to create all 6 servings of shrimp tacos.
What sides to serve with shrimp tacos?
Are you wondering what you can serve with your keto shrimp taco lettuce wraps?
Well, I’m glad you asked.
If these shrimp tacos aren’t enough as a stand-alone taco night meal, then you could add a simple side to your keto shrimp taco lettuce wraps.
A couple of sides that you might like to enjoy with your keto shrimp taco lettuce wraps are coleslaw, cauliflower rice.