Halloween is just around the corner, which means it's time to start thinking about DIY Halloween Costumes for Kids. This is a great way to save money and show your creative side. Whether you want an easy DIY costume or a complex one, we have plenty of ideas for you!
Where does Halloween originate from?
Many people may not know the origin of Halloween, so we'll have a quick look at it.
The origins are unclear, but many sources believe that ancient Celtic Druids celebrated Samhain on October 31st to mark the end of harvest and summer with a festival where they would light bonfires and dress up in costumes.
They believed that ghosts or spirits would come out from hiding for this night only!
Related Posts: Fun and Spooky Halloween Porch Decorations
Who celebrates Halloween?
Halloween is celebrated all around the world, most notably in America.
In America, it's considered a "scary" holiday where children dress up and go trick-or-treating for candy from door to door on Halloween night.
It is also observed by people in the UK, Canada, and Ireland.
What do I need for a DIY Halloween costume?
This depends on the costume. However, my best tip is to come up with your idea and put a twist on it repurposing items you already own or searching up thrift shops like Goodwill or Salvation Army while striving for a unique look.
To create DIY Halloween costumes, you will need:
- A costume idea
- Materials (e.g. Fabric, paint)
- Time and creativity!
What type of DIY costumes can I make?
You can make DIY Halloween costumes from literally anything in your home or the local shops around you.
For example, you could use a sheet as an easy ghost costume or take inspiration from Disney characters with some blue fabric paints on it.
If you're feeling lazy then there are plenty of youtube tutorials available that have already done all the hard work for you so just follow those instructions instead!
We're showcasing 130+ DIY Halloween Costumes to give you some ideas 🙂 None of these items cost a lot, so it's a great DIY for those on a budget!
Related Post: Charming Fall Dollar Store Crafts
DIY Halloween Costumes for Kids
- Crazy Cat Lady Halloween Costume from Crafty Morning
- Island of Te Fiti costume from Pinterest
Book of Life La Muerte Halloween Costume from Costume Works
DIY Cotton Candy Costume from Hello Wonderful
- DIY Monarch Butterfly Wings from Buggy and Buddy
- DIY Frozen’s Kristoff Costume from Mom Endeavors
- Rubik’s Cube from Design Mom
- DIY Rag Doll Costume from A Beautiful Mess
- Homemade Knight Costume from Savings Lifestyle
- Panda Bear Baby from Creating Really Awesome Fun Things
- No-Sew Donut from I Love to Create
- Jellyfish Halloween Costume from Almost the Real Thing
- Snail Costume from Oh Happy Day
- Alice in Wonderland Costume from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Last Minute Despicable Me Minion Costume from Make and Takes
- DIY Angel Wings from Say Yes
- Kids’ Owl Costume from Alpha Mom
- DIY Toddler Tinker Bell Costume from Sincerely Jean
- DIY Mermaid Costume from Me Sew Crazy
- Koala Bear Baby Costume from C.R.A.F.T.
- No-Sew Dinosaur Costume from Ginger Snap Crafts
- Easy Boo from Monsters Inc. Costume from Highlights Along the Way
- Easy Customizable Mr. Potato Head Costumes from Arts Crackers
- Baby Cow Costume from Make It Love It
- Viking Costume from I Am Momma Hear Me Roar
- Easy No Sew Minion Costumes from The Harvard Homemaker
- Where the Wild Things Are Costume from A Night Owl
- DIY Baby Hamburger from C.R.A.F.T.
- Mario and Luigi Costumes from Smashed Peas and Carrots
- Sunshine and Rainbow Costume from Merriment Design
- Peacock Costume from Creatively Christy
- Pharaohs and Mummies Costumes from Alpha Mom
- Paint Brush Palette Costume from Dukes and Duchesses
- DIY Bee Costume from Delia Creates
- Slurpee Costumes from Crap I’ve Made
- Bee Costume from Sugar Bee Crafts
- Cindy Lou Who Costume from Life is Sweeter
- M&M Costumes from Live Well Play Together
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Costume from Alanna George
- Baby Owl Costume from Make Life Lovely
- DIY Disney Elsa Costume from A Pumpkin and A Princess
- Superhero Costumes from Inchmark Journal
- DIY Rain Cloud Costume from Andrea’s Notebook
- Acorn Knot Hat from Jen’s Own Road
- Unicorn Costume from Craftaholics Anonymous
- Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 & 2 Costumes from Mission to Save
- Baby Giraffe Costume from Shrimp Salad Circus
- Easy Garden Gnome Costume from Adventures in a Box
- Light Up Princess Dress from So Sew Easy
- Care Bear Costumes from See Vanessa Craft
- Handmade Pineapple Baby Costume from Lines Across
- 80’s Workout Costume from Pinterest
- DIY Cupcake Costume from Make it Yours
- Batman and Robin Costumes from Say Yes
- Bee Costume from Sugar Bee Crafts
- Simple Shark Costume from Make It Love It
- Easy Fairy Costume from Being Brooke
- Knight Costumes from Mer Mag
- DIY Penguin Costume from Make It Love It
- Flower Girl from Pepper Design Blog
- DIY Black Cat Costume from Do It Yourself Diva
- Bank Robber from Sew Can Do
- Octopus Costume for Kids from Giggles Galore
- DIY Witch Costume for Kids from Lia Griffith
- No-Sew Ghost Costume from Bombshell Bling
- Cheap Minecraft Steve Costume from Kerry Ann Morgan
- DIY Baby Gum Ball Machine Costume from Peek-a-Boo Pages
- DIY Dragon Wings Tutorial from Swoodsons Says
- Baby Chicken Costume from Fun at Home with Kids
- Crochet Hat Pattern and Waldo Costume from Repeat Crafter Me
- Baby Lamb Costume from Make It Love It
- Simple Shark Costume from Make It Love It
- Rapunzel from Tangled Costume from Make It Love It
- Easy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costume from A Night Owl
- Musketeer Costume from Adventures in a Box
- DIY Fireman Costume from Stitched by Crystal
- DIY Hot Air Balloon from The TipToe Fairy
- Belle Princess Dress from Homemade Toast
- Star Wars Obi-Wan Costume from Delia Creates
- Buzz Lightyear Costume from Fun at Home with Kids
- Madeline Halloween Costume from Say Yes
- DIY Harry Potter Wizard Robe from Pieces by Polly
- Train Costume from The Ophoff’s
- DIY Bucket of Popcorn Costume from Make it Love it
- DIY Circus Lion Costume from Style Me Pretty
- Needle and Thread Costume from Creating Really Awesome Fun Things
- DIY Olaf Costume from Desert Chica
- DIY Pac-Man Costume from The Effortless Chic
- DIY Scuba Diver Costume from Delineate Your Dwelling
- Lego Costume from Country Living
- DIY Owls Costume from This Heart of Mine
- Prince Charming Costume from Desert Chica
- Skein of Yarn Costume from Dukes and Duchesses
- Candy Corn Costume from The Mom Creative
- Peter Pan Escaped Shadow from Tikkido
- Toy Army Guy Costume from Wild Ink Press
- Crocodile from Evil Mad Scientist
- Easy Homemade Parrot Costume from Make it Love it
- DIY Pizza Costume from U Create Crafts
- Alice in Wonderland’s Caterpillar from The Weisse Guys
- No-Sew Kids Lion Halloween Costume from A Night Owl
- Baby Astronaut Costume from Lovely Indeed
- DIY Scarecrow Costume from Where the Smiles Have Been
- DIY Skunk Costume from Taylor Made Creates
- TicTac Costume by Casey Collins
- DIY Pine Cone Halloween Costume from Nuggetlands
- DIY Balloon Bubble Bath Costume from Luft Balloon Store
- Jelly Belly Costume from Luft Balloon Store
- Raggedy Anne from Pretty Little Buzz
- Mr. Peanut from Costume Works
- Stormy Cloud and Rain via Pinterest
Hot Air Balloon from Costume Works
DIY Sheep and Cow Costumes from The Tasteful Life
Pineapple Cutie from Costume Works
Easy DIY Mad Scientist Costume - No Sew! from Polka Dot Chair
Pinata from Costume-Works.com
DIY "Chick Magnet" Costume Idea from Design Dazzle
Mac N Cheese Costume from Coolest Homemade Costumes
Dragon Costume From a Sweatsuit from Tried and True Blog
DIY Harry Potter Scarf from Beautifully Bohemian
DIY Beast Costume from Desert Chica
DIY Unicorn Costume Tutorial from Craftaholics Anonymous
Cutest 80’s Workout Girls from ideas.coolest-homemade-costumes.com
Little Old Granny from Costume Works
DIY Maleficent Costume from Cuckoo4Design
DIY Yoda Costume from Pulling Curls
Simple Shark from Make It and Love It
Fox Costume from TaylorMade
Adorable “I Love Lucy” Costume from ideas.coolest-homemade-costumes.com
No-Sew Pirate Costume from Kidoinfo.com