Fresh & Delicious Low-Carb Eggplant Lasagna | Make dinner a breeze with this deliciously hearty and easy lasagna. Low in carbs and high in flavor, this easy Keto lasagna is guaranteed to please the whole family.
Are you searching for a twist on an old school favorite dinner idea? Do you just love lasagna but want a way to make it keto-friendly?
If you said yes to both of these questions, then you’re in luck. Today I’m featuring a keto eggplant lasagna recipe that will taste so good that you’ll forget you’re not using pasta.
Is eggplant okay on Keto?
First, let’s cover some frequently asked questions about this keto eggplant lasagna. Many people have asked if eggplant okay on keto, and I’m here to tell you that yes.
Yes, eggplant is okay on keto! Just 6 grams of eggplant contains a mere 6 grams of digestible carbs, making it heart-healthy and low carb for your keto diet.
You’ll enjoy the delightful taste of shredded eggplant layered into this keto-friendly lasagna recipe.
Combining your favorite ingredients of cheeses, ground beef, low carb marinara sauce, and eggplant into this dinner idea is the perfect way to shock your family!
No more worrying about making multiple dinner options, because your whole family will devour this keto eggplant lasagna in seconds.
Having Trouble With Meal Planning? Have your meal plan sent to your email HERE.
Can you freeze eggplant lasagna?
Yes. You can freeze your keto eggplant lasagna.
I highly recommend you allow your dish to cool for 20 minutes, and then transfer your eggplant lasagna into a freezer-safe container.
Feel free to make this meal ahead of time for your weekly meal planning.
When you’re ready to serve your eggplant lasagna for dinner, simply take it out of the freezer and heat up.
Looking to freeze your eggplant lasagna for a single-serve lunch idea?
If you’re looking to freeze leftover eggplant lasagna then you can cut it into single serving sizes, place inside an airtight freezer-safe bag and reheat anytime for a quick and keto-friendly lunch idea.
This low-carb eggplant lasagna is perfect to bring along to a family gathering, serve for dinner, or use as a quick grab n heat lunch idea during a busy work week.
The options of what you can do with this keto eggplant lasagna are endless. I enjoy serving this with a favorite keto-friendly side that the whole family loves.
When it comes to making your keto eggplant lasagna for the first time, you’ll want to have a few tips to make sure it comes out tasty.
How do you keep eggplant from getting soggy?
Make sure you sprinkle some coarse salt on each side of your thin eggplant slices.
This will help keep your eggplant from getting soggy when layered in with the other ingredients.
Some have advised wiping the eggplant slices with a paper towel after setting them aside for 10-20 minutes to avoid any chance that your eggplant slices will get soggy.
Lastly, if you truly want to make sure your eggplant doesn’t get soggy, you can grill each side of your thinly sliced eggplant for about 2-3 minutes.
This will help you maintain a more rigid texture that you’d expect when you bite into a traditional lasagna recipe.
Now that you have some answers to some frequently asked questions and some more tips to make sure your keto eggplant lasagna comes out perfect, it’s time to scroll down and get started.
This recipe has a handful of ingredients that I usually have around the house, and simple instructions to help you whip up this meal for dinner one night this week.
Keto Eggplant Lasagna
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Net Carbs: 8 net carbs per serving
1 Medium eggplant cut into thin slices
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 lb. Ground beef
½ tsp Garlic powder
½ tsp Oregano
½ tsp Basil
6 oz. Ricotta cheese
½ c Cottage cheese
½ c Mozzarella cheese
1 c Low carb marinara sauce (Rao’s etc.)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the sliced eggplant in a colander over the sink. Salt the eggplant, and leave it to sit and drain for 20 minutes or so.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Rinse and dry the eggplant slices. Place them on a rack on a baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes, flipping them over halfway through baking.
4. Brown the ground beef completely in a skillet on the stove. Add in the oregano, garlic powder, basil as well as salt and pepper to taste.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, cottage cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Stirring to combine completely.
6. Layer ⅓ of the marinara sauce in the bottom of a greased loaf pan.
7. Place a layer of eggplant slices over the sauce.
8. Put half of the meat mixture over the eggplant layer.
9. Spread half of the cheese mixture over the meat.
10. Repeat steps 6-9 one more time.
11. Place one more layer of the remaining ⅓ of the marinara sauce on top of the mixture, and top it with the mozzarella cheese.
12. Bake the mixture covered with tin foil at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, and then uncover, baking for an additional 15 minutes uncovered. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Love sweets? Check out our Keto S’mores with Rich Chocolate and Fluffy Marshmallows
Our Keto Grilled Chicken Skewers are great winter or summer since you can also make these on an indoor grill or even in your air fryer!
Another great sweet is our Keto Mixed Berry Cobbler: Perfect Low Carb Dessert. It’s a must-try!
Loved this post? Be sure to pin it to your keto or low carb Pinterest board so you don’t lose it!
WANT MORE GREAT KETO RECIPES? BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY LARGE SELECTION OF KETO AND LOW CARB RECIPES.