Air Fryer Keto Cauliflower Tots – Air Fryer Keto Cauliflower Tots is one of my all-time favorite keto side dishes and makes a great snack as well.
Why is cauliflower a good replacement on keto?
Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable. From a keto cauliflower pizza crust to using it as a rice substitute, cauliflower is a staple on my plan. It is often used as a replacement for potatoes, grains, meat, bread and so much more!
This recipe takes just a handful of ingredients to get a flavorful side/snack.
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Pork Rind Crumbs
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Almond flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- You may change yours up by changing the cheese, adding bacon, or a different seasoning.
How Do You Make Air Fryer Keto Cauliflower Tots
- Cut your head of cauliflower into florets. Add the cauliflower florets to a pot and cover the florets in water. Boil 5-10 minutes until florets are tender but not to the point of soft or mushy. Immediately rinse in cold water. Allow to drain well.
- Add well-drained cauliflower to a food processor. Pulse until the large pieces are just broken up.
- To the food processor with the cauliflower, add pork rind crumbs, cheddar cheese, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Pulse until mixture is completely combined.
- Into the cauliflower mixture, stir in the almond flour until you reach the consistency of pasty mashed potatoes.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Use a small scoop to shape your tater tots and slightly smush so that they are not too thick. This ensures the inside is done when the outside is brown and crispy.
- Cook 4-5 minutes each side till brown and crispy.