This keto Snickers candy bar recipe is a simple and delicious treat that is sweet, smooth, and covered in chocolate. If you are looking for a sweet treat for yourself or for the loved ones in your life, then the Snickers candy bar recipe just what you need to make for your own sweet tooth or that of your loved ones.
Keto Snickers Candy Bar
This Keto Snickers Candy Bar is absolutely delicious! If you or someone you love desires a sweet treat and are on a keto/ low carb plan, then this is the perfect recipe to make for them! This Candy Bar recipe is not only super simple and easy to make, it doesn’t require a long list ingredients. You probably already have the ingredients on hand or can order straight to your door from Amazon.
If you are looking for more keto or low carb friendly treats, I have several that are favorites with my friends and family. My Keto S’mores with Rich Chocolate and Fluffy Marshmallows recipe is so easy and delicious. My simplest dessert that can easily be pulled together with little time is my Keto Berry Cheesecake Parfait. Fudge is always a hit so this Keto Vanilla Fudge is perfectly creamy & delicious. I’m sharing these recipes as well as my collection of keto recipes so you stay on plan and don’t feel like you’re missing out.
- Ground Almonds- You can grind your own but why when you can get some from Trader Joe’s through Amazon.
- Cocoa Powder- Read the ingredients to be sure you are getting low or carb free. This cocoa powder is the one I use.
- Sugar-Free Maple Syrup- Lakanto Sugar free Maple Syrup is the best on keto as monk fruit will not throw you out of ketosis.
- No Sugar Added Peanut Butter- I use Justin’s Peanut Butter because it has only 2 ingredients and is Gluten Free, non GMO and responsibly sourced.
- Lily’s Chocolate
How To Make Keto Snickers Candy Bar
Add all of your base ingredients to a bowl and mix well. I find a fork works well for this.
In another large bowl, add 1 cup peanut butter, 3/4 cup sugar free maple syrup, and 5 Tablespoons butter and mix well with a fork.
Add this mixture to the top of the base ingredients already in your parchment covered 8×8 pan.
Sprinkle with peanuts.
Place pan in the freezer for about 40 minutes.
Remove from freezer after 40 minutes, lift parchment out of pan and cut into bar shaped pieces.
Place bar shaped pieces onto cooling rack (with paper towels or waxed paper under cooling rack to protect your counter from the mess).
Melt chocolate and spoon chocolate over the bar pieces.
Allow to cool completely.
How this Recipe Remains Low Carb
What makes these snicker bars keto and low carb versus a regular snickers bar is the way in which they are prepared as far as base and filling and how they are sweetened.
- Base: These snicker bars use an nut base that is a mix of ground almonds, cocoa powder and sugar free maple syrup. The cocoa powder and syrup are used to sweeten and bind the almonds.
- Sweeteners: Since most treats are made with regular sugar or corn syrup, we need a sweetener that is keto and low carb friendly. In this recipe, I use Lakanto Sugar free Maple Syrup that is made with monk fruit and sugar free Lily‘s Chocolate.
Do The Snickers Bars Need To Be Refrigerated?
The snickers bars will need to be put in the freezer in the preparation process. Once complete, they are room temperature stable, provided your house is cool. They are best refrigerated up to a month.